Thursday, December 23, 2010

Apologies for my absence...

I got completely overwhelmed with school and life and had to take a jewelry-break. However, there is now plenty of good news to share now
  1. I have successfully completed my first semester of grad school and pulled off my first 4.0 since high school (Yay!)
  2. I finally reached 100 fans on Facebook, so I feel even more legit than ever before
  3. I am (or at least feel like I am...) making Etsy friends, which has been an awesome source of support.
  4. I have gotten much better at ignoring mean/annoying people
  5. The wedding gift think you notes are DONE 
  6. Our honeymoon to Maui is so soon and I'm hoping to finds lots of inspiration there, sketchbook in hand
  7. I've posted 12 new items, all of which I really love, and with all of this new free-time, I plan to make many more. I hope to have 100 items in my shop by the time Spring semester hits. This might be a little difficult with a week in Maui quickly approaching (I know, poor me)
  8. I started an ArtFire website yesterday. I cannot recall if I labeled this an Etsy-only blog, but I'm hoping that I did not because having 4 blogs to maintain will drive my nuts. Here is the link to my new shop. I hope you dig it as much as I do. There's definitely a different vibe there, and a much less competitive one, which is great for someone like me who doesn't have the time or funds to promote all the time.
It's raining right now, which is common for Tucson in the winter, but still strange to come across. Where is my reliable sunshine and dry heat?!
For those who may not have noticed, it's 3AM. I have had a lot of trouble getting to sleep lately. I have heard from many of my artist friends that this happens to them when they have the need to be creative. I definitely feel that need, so I'm blaming it on that for now.
Here are some photos for your viewing pleasure...





The workspace is a little more organized now that I've pined up each individual necklace and bracelet. This little project made me feel much more productive than what was probably necessary.

My new favorite piece. I call it my "Octopus Heart".

My love and I on our wedding day, for those who have not yet seen.

Doormats make marriage seem so much more official :)

Our first married Christmas tree. There have been a lot of "first married" items being labeled these past few months.

My current snack. All that chocolate couldn't possibly be helping my insomnia.

Behind all the clutter is my favorite ultra-sonic cleaner. It's simple and cheap, but surprisingly effective. 









OK, goodnight (I hope...)

Appley

No comments:

Post a Comment